What is SUPRApak?
SUPRApak modules are Pall’s newest innovation in depth filtration with an entirely unique design and flow configuration. SUPRApak modules consist of filter sheet material wrapped around a central permeable core with external straps that attach the sheet material to the core. The sheet material is punched with an intricate pattern of feed and filtrate channels which direct fluid flow through the module. The unfiltered fluid enters the module from the outside through feed channels. The differential pressure pushes the fluid flow through the sheet media in a direction toward the filtrate channels. The filtrate channels then carry the fluid toward the center core where it exits the modules.
Unique to the SUPRApak module is an entirely new flow control system based on the “Edge flow principle”. This helps to utilise the full capacity of the depth filter media and effectively combines three filtration mechanisms: surface filtration, depth filtration and adsorption. Design also provides higher available filter area on 7,5”, 12” and 16” size compared to classical lenticulars.
Angle 1: SUPRApak punching scheme
Angle 2: SUPRApak punching scheme
Classical DE Sheet Media
Ion Reduced Sheet Media
SUPRApak SH Series Modules
- Undergo a proprietary treatment that results in extremely low levels of extractable ions making them the ideal solution for distilled spirits applications. A visually bright finished product free from visible particles is one of the main objectives of spirits filtration. Components (C12-16) fatty acid esters, terpenes, proteins or their complex compounds with metals and/or phenols) of some spirits may precipitate if calcium ion levels are too high. Magnesium may also cause precipitations in tannin containing spirits like whisky and brandy. Standard filter sheets contain small quantities of these extractable ions from the raw materials.
Pure Cellulose Sheet Media
SUPRApak ZD Series Depth Filter Modules
- Consists of pure cellulose filter sheet media and has been developed to meet the needs of the food and beverage industry for very pure depth filters without any DE (Diatomateous Earth) or Perlite.
- Provides excellent filtration performance with full respect to product quality.
- Lowest impact on color and aroma during filtration of high quality products.
- Excellent sealing characteristics for lowest possible drip loss in classical filter presses.