What is SUPRAdisc II?
The SUPRAdisc II modules are a design optimization of the traditional "Single Cell" modules which were launched on the market in the 1980s. With the newly developed „Inside-Outside Separator“ concept Pall has created a block module design which eliminated most of the serious disadvantages in the design of the "Single Cell" modules.
Why SUPRAdisc II?
Why SUPRAdisc II?
SUPRAdisc II Modules eliminate constructional weaknesses of classical Lenticulars in single cell design using inside-outside separator technology in a filter block design.
Classical lenticular design
SURPAdisc II inside-outside seperators
SUPRAdisc II module block
Classical DE Sheet Media
SUPRAdisc II X Series
- Meets the entire range of removal requirements in the food and beverage industry.
- Available in multiple grades suitable for microbial reduction and applications requiring fine, clarifying and coarse filtration.
SUPRAdisc II R Series
- Beside cellulose, kieselguhr and perlite, filter sheet material of the SUPRAdisc II R-series contain up to 40% of polyolefin fibers, specially selected for best possible filtration results. These filter sheets are characterised by an increased chemical and mechanical stability. They are therefore particularly suitable for the filtration of aggressive media. An outstanding property of the HR-sheets is their high resistance to cellulose-degrading enzymes.
SUPRAdisc II T Series
- Designed for coarse filtration. They are characterized by a coarse pore structure and combine high throughput with a high particle holding capacity. The filtration resistance is low so that they prove to be very successful for the filtration of viscous media and for the retention of gel particles or coarse disperse components.
Ion-Reduced Sheet Media
SUPRAdisc II C-Series
- Undergo a proprietary treatment that results in low levels of extractable ions making them the ideal solution for distilled spirits applications. A visually bright finished product free from visible particles is one of the main objectives of spirits filtration. Components (C12-16) fatty acid esters, terpenes, proteins or their complex compounds with metals and/or phenols) of some spirits may precipitate if calcium ion levels are too high. Magnesium may also cause precipitations in tannin containing spirits like whisky and brandy. Standard filter sheets contain small quantities of these extractable ions from the raw materials.
Pure Cellulose Sheet Media
SUPRAdisc II ZD Series Depth Filter Modules
- Consists of pure cellulose filter sheet media and has been developed to meet the needs of the food and beverage industry for very pure depth filters without any DE (Diatomateous Earth) or Perlite.
- Provides excellent filtration performance with full respect to product quality.
- Lowest impact on color and aroma during filtration of high quality products.
- Excellent sealing characteristics for lowest possible drip loss in classical filter presses.